Purchasing a new computer system comes with a lot of benefits as compared to hanging on to an old one. We can help you take the guess work out of purchasing the right computer system and/or finding the best upgrade solutions for your home or office.
So It’s Time For A New Computer – 5 Things You Should Know Before Heading Out To Best Buy!
When you are ready to buy a new computer, one of the first questions you may ask yourself is, “Where can I get the best deal?” Obviously you don’t want to pay more than you have to, but there are other considerations besides price that you should consider before making your decision.
If you shop the local electronics superstores for weekly specials, you can easily get a standard machine at a good price. This option would work best for you if you’re not too picky or if you don’t have any special requirements for gaming, graphics, or special computer software requirements.
If you buy over the Internet from a major manufacturer such as Dell or HP, you’ll get more choice and customization on the components, chip speed, RAM, hard drive size, and video components, but you’ll pay a slightly higher price.
The biggest downside to buying a computer online is that you’ll have a hard time getting technical support if something goes wrong. Not a week goes by where we don’t get a customer who wants to pay us to fix a warranty-covered machine simply because the manufacturer is making it next to impossible to get the problem taken care of. In many cases, these companies have help desk people located in countries outside of the US, which means you might have a hard time communicating with them, or getting to a supervisor.
Sometimes only a component (like the hard drive) will go bad. When this happens, you’ll have to ship the entire machine back to the manufacture and wait a couple of weeks for them to repair it and ship it back. You also run the risk of losing all your data and configurations unless you have a reliable backup.
If you have special requirements, need help in selecting a computer, or if service before, during, and AFTER the sale is important, then you’ll want to explore other options such as buying from a local business like Onsite Techs
Here Are 5 Big Reasons To Buy Your Next Computer From Onsite Techs:
1. You’ll get a senior technician or one of the owners who will take time to explain your options, answer your questions, and help you make a good buying decision based on what YOU need, not what they have to clear off a store shelf. If you buy from an electronics superstore, there’s a good chance you’ll end up talking to a teenager working on commission who doesn’t have any real technical expertise. If you buy online, you’ll get very little or no help in selecting the right combination of components and options, so this works best ONLY for those individuals who really know what they are buying.
2. Superior technical support and service after the sale. If you’ve ever dealt with a manufacturer’s technical support in the past, you know how frustrating it can be. After waiting on hold for days, you’ll end up speaking with a “technician” who doesn’t have a clue. Most of the time they’re reading from a script and taking you through a series of system checks you could have done on your own. Whenever you have a problem with a machine that you purchased from us, we’ll troubleshoot it for free. Plus, you won’t have to wait on hold when you call, which brings me to another point…
3. If you need technical support on a computer that you bought from us, you won’t go through voice mail jail or be transferred to another country. You actually get to speak to a friendly, local technician. We’re always here to fix your computer when you need it.
4. We always include services that most people don’t want to or don’t know how to do such as setting up your e-mail account, making sure you have internet access, setup your security and virus protection, set up your printer, AND transfer over all of your important files – pictures, music, document as well as other preferences and settings. When you buy from a superstore or online, it’s up to you to configure your new computer.
5. We can install whichever version of Windows you are comfortable with. Currently, all superstores and online retailers will only sell you a new PC with Windows 8. You may or may not want that, perhaps you are comfortable and familiar with Windows 7. We can get your new PC setup with Windows 7 so you don’t have to struggle with a new version that is not suitable for you.
The bottom line is this:
If you are shopping solely on price and aren’t too picky, then watch the weekend papers for sales at your local electronic superstore. They can offer a great price on a standard machine. Usually you can save anywhere from $100—$200 buying this way. For semi-customization at a decent price, check the Internet. There are hundreds of online resellers offering PCs at competitive prices.
For the best service, and support BEFORE and AFTER the sale, consider getting a quote from us.